- When You Keep Failing: How to Recover and Boost Your Confidenceby John Pucay on 19/04/2021 at 12:11 am
“Success is a series of small wins.” ~Unknown You tried everything. Nothing worked. What now? I was the Marketing Director of a tech startup, and my work wasn’t bringing in the money or traction that it should. I did everything … The post When You Keep Failing: How to Recover and Boost Your Confidence appeared first on Tiny Buddha.
- How to Embrace Your Physical “Flaws” and Feel Comfortable in Your Skinby Sharon Shahaf on 16/04/2021 at 2:55 am
“When you’re comfortable in your skin, you look beautiful, regardless of any flaws.” ~Emily Deschanel I started doubting the way I looked at the age of eight following comments from other children, about my twin sister being cuter/prettier than me. … The post How to Embrace Your Physical “Flaws” and Feel Comfortable in Your Skin appeared first on Tiny Buddha.
- How a Cancer Misdiagnosis Helped Me Face and Heal from Health Anxietyby Brenna Mavis Anderson on 14/04/2021 at 3:38 am
“Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” ~Robert Tew “I have bad news. I am sorry. You have cancer.” Sitting in the cold, clinical doctor’s office on a snowy, cloudy January day in Chicago, I … The post How a Cancer Misdiagnosis Helped Me Face and Heal from Health Anxiety appeared first on Tiny Buddha.
- Free Online Festival: A Different Kind of Trauma Conferenceby Lori Deschene on 14/04/2021 at 2:18 am
Hi friends! Last year I invited you all to join the Embodied Trauma Conference, a powerful, healing event hosted by Tiny Buddha contributor Karine Bell. This free, five-day online summit featured a series of talks from twenty-two thought leaders, all … The post Free Online Festival: A Different Kind of Trauma Conference appeared first on Tiny Buddha.
- Summer Job Opportunity: Editorial and Publishing Assistantby Lion's Roar Staff on 19/04/2021 at 5:01 pm
Editorial and Publishing Assistant What’s Lion’s Roar? Lion’s Roar Foundation is a successful and growing nonprofit that produces print and digital publications on the topic of Buddhist teachings, the North American leader in the field, and we have an excellent summer work opportunity for youth with related talents. As one of a few people engaged The post Summer Job Opportunity: Editorial and Publishing Assistant appeared first on Lion's Roar.
- The Lion’s Roar Podcast: Mindfulness, Work, and Deepening Your Practice with Beth Wallaceby Sandra Hannebohm on 19/04/2021 at 2:49 pm
This episode of The Lion’s Roar Podcast features our own Beth Wallace, a certified mindfulness teacher and longtime practitioner of the dharma. The post The Lion’s Roar Podcast: Mindfulness, Work, and Deepening Your Practice with Beth Wallace appeared first on Lion's Roar.
- Sending & Taking: A Guide to Tonglen Meditationby Lilly Greenblatt on 19/04/2021 at 1:54 pm
Tonglen, or “sending and taking,” is a meditation practice to kindle sympathy. Breathing in, we take in the pain of others and send them relief while breathing out. The post Sending & Taking: A Guide to Tonglen Meditation appeared first on Lion's Roar.
- Detox Your Mind: 5 Practices to Purify the 3 Poisonsby Melvin Escobar on 19/04/2021 at 3:20 am
Five Buddhist teachers share practices to clear away the poisons that cause suffering and obscure your natural enlightenment. The post Detox Your Mind: 5 Practices to Purify the 3 Poisons appeared first on Lion's Roar.
- Pilgrim’s Progressby Sandy Boucher on 15/04/2021 at 2:24 pm
Sandy Boucher on the dharma of friendship, grief, and macaroni. The post Pilgrim’s Progress appeared first on Lion's Roar.